Outlook Error Code 20 is a proxy server error, which generally occurs when the Outlook unable to connect the proxy server. Many numbers of Outlook user’s complaint to getting this error, which prohibits them to send or receive emails in Outlook 2010. The main reasons for appearing this error, Microsoft Outlook is running, during installation of the Windows operating system, Windows startup or shutdown, and so on. When this error occurs, the users have a need to stops or eliminating the correct troubleshooting steps. Well, here the blog will explain the simple steps on Fix Outlook Error Code 20, which you need to perform to solve the problem in an efficient manner.
Steps to Fix Outlook Error Code 20:-
Step 1:- Check the Internet Connection
- First of all, you should require to one thing is that to check the Internet connection. Might be your Internet connection is not working or stop responding.
- Also, check your router or internet network mode on your computer/Laptop.
Step 2:- Correct Date and Time
Many times, the Date and time on your system show that you have installed on your browser or applications you have installed on your computer can prevent Outlook from working.
- You should try to temporarily turn off these extensions and applications one by one, then using Outlook again to see if that solves the problem.
- To try using Outlook without any extensions, open Outlook using your browser’s incognito or private browsing mode.
- Then correctly set the date and time.
Now check the error is fixed. If not, then go to the next step.
Step 3:- Computer Start in Safe Mode
Next, you should need to do to restart the computer in safe mode.
Follow the instructions to do the task.
- Immediately after the computer is powered on or restarted, tap the F8 key.
- After your computer displays hardware information and runs a memory test, then the “Advanced Boot Options” menu will appear.
- Use the arrow keys to choose “Safe Mode” or “Safe Mode with Networking” and then press “ENTER” key.
- After finishing the troubleshooting, repeat steps 1-3 and then choose “Start Windows Normally” to return to your normal Windows configuration.
Step 4:- Execute a Strong Antivirus Tool
After the above steps, you should check the error is resolved or not. In case, if it’s not resolved then you must to do execute a strong antivirus tool on your system. Maybe the problem will resolve automatically.
Step 5:- Correct Profile Settings
You can change the accounts that are contained, their settings, and data storage options for each profile.
Now you should do to set the profile settings correctly or change the account settings & data storage options for each profile. Follow the steps to do this task.
- Exit Outlook.
- In Control Panel, double-click on “Mail”.
- Do any of the following:
- To add another email account, you need to click “E-mail Accounts” option.
- To change Outlook data storage options, you need to click “Data Files” option.
- To observe a list of the current profiles, you need to click “Show Profiles” option.
Step 6:- Uninstall the Outlook and Reinstall
Finally, at last, one can also uninstall the Outlook and reinstall it again in order to avoid the error.
I hope your Error is fixed.
In case, this error is still displaying, then you should contact with our Outlook Customer Support team to take instant help.
Dial Outlook Customer Support Phone Number To Get Instant Help:-
You have one of the best options for connecting with the customer support team is to simply dialing Outlook Customer Support Number, which is a toll-free and available 24×7 day to assist. A team of well-experienced and certified technicians is always ready to aid or troubleshoot your Outlook problem. The highly skilled techies will give you simple guidance to fix this issue, as well as to provide reliable solutions to other kinds of Outlook technical errors or issues. Hence, connect with the experts now, and acquire instantaneous help for Outlook email account associated difficulties.